Thursday, November 10, 2011

Stars

Sometimes I want to run away. I want to go far away from all of the things that could’ve been, all of the things that were. Who I have become is made of who I was and where I’ve been. Those stars up in the sky are like glittering memories. They are beautiful, but they are distant and they are, after all, gigantic burning spheres. Those gigantic burning spheres fill my mind and my heart. It aches to know they are there but I can’t help but look longingly after them. As I gaze into the velvety night sky glistening with those distant stars I can’t help but wonder what would happen if they were closer. What would happen if my memories were closer, if I could touch them and know them as they were when they were created? I think I would be very different. I wish there was a more poetic way to express my heart, but all I know is that my God has made me who I am today and he has used those memories, painful and sweet, to mold my being. Although the scars remain, although the stars are beautiful, although my heart aches with the burning memories, I will press on. I wish these words were more elegant, more passionate, more pretty. These words are merely an expression of my heart, a reminder of the wounds and a reminder of God’s healing touch. I can say with confidence: “Holy is the Lord, God Almighty!” God gave me a voice even though the ones he used to help me discover it are gone. God gave me words even though the things I once wrote about are distant memories. God gave me friendship even though some friends that once had a place in my heart are gone. But despite all of this God gave me hope and a future, God is still good; He is still mighty. He is still my everything. I will always have a reason to bow down before the Creator of heaven and earth. The air I breathe is worth giving to Him; each day I open my eyes is a day that is worth laying down at his feet, after all he is God Almighty.
I will sing.
I will write.
I will love.

I
Will
Worship. 

No comments:

Post a Comment