Wednesday, April 6, 2011

When I Awake

Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure. Psalm 16:5-9 
And I—in righteousness I will see your face; when I awake, I will be satisfied with seeing your likeness. Psalm 17:15

God is so good! The other night I was having a pretty rough time and God showed me these verses. They are so perfect. Life is full of uncertainties, and difficult situations, and bad days but the God we serve has given us the blessing of confidence that our "boundary lines have fallen in pleasant places." God laid out our boundary lines as he does for the nations, let us not try to conquer other people's boundaries or lay new boundaries of our own. God knows what he's doing and we must "be still and know that he is God" (Psalm 46:10).
I know that when my life is overwhelming He is always there; "even at night my heart instructs me." I love how David says, "I have set the Lord always before me"; we are not ahead of God even though we try to be sometimes. I have tried to set myself before God, but it never works. Ever. Then David says, "because he is at my right hand I will not be shaken." To me, this evokes the image of a little child holding on to Daddy's hand. I imagine the little kid walking along pulling on his Father and then tripping, Dad is right there to hold him up.
So... after a hard day and a breath of fresh air with this passage I can say confidently that, "my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure. And I will see your face; when I awake I will be satisfied with seeing your likeness." Ahh it is good to wake up in the presence of God! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment